Keeping House Flies out of Your Home
As the weather warms up here in Orlando, homeowners are opening their windows to let in the fresh air of summer. Unfortunately, opening your windows this time of year may provide the perfect way for pests to get inside your home, especially the commonly known house fly.
We’ve all seen house flies before, but did you know that these pests are a major carrier of infectious diseases? House flies don’t bite, but they are capable of transferring over 100 pathogens, including malaria, salmonella and tuberculosis. Therefore, we advise you to take precautions to prevent these pests from living near your home.
Here are some tips that you can follow around the house in order to keep house files out:
- Keep your home’s air conditioner filters clean. Dirty filters can lead to moisture build up, which attracts pests.
- Repair torn window screens. Holes in window screens can be an easy entryway for house flies.
- Keep trash cans clean and lids sealed. Flies are attracted to manure and organic matter, so the less trash that’s exposed, the better.
- Dispose of waste regularly and keep it away from your home.
- If you have dogs, horses, or other animals living on your property, remove feces from the yard regularly.
If you can’t seem to get rid of the house fly population around your home, contact a pest management professional at Pro-Staff Termite & Pest Control by calling our Seminole County office at 407-331-7378. We will treat your pest problems and best of all, our services are completely guaranteed!
Pro-Staff Termite & Pest Control, Inc.
6211 Edgewater Dr. • Orlando, FL 32810 • 407-292-7378
Seminole County Office
2100 Ronald Reagan Blvd • Ste. 1024 • Longwood, FL 32750 • 407-331-7378