“Don’t Let the Bed Bugs Bite”
Discovering bed bugs in your Orlando home can leave you feeling anxious and overwhelmed. Although they haven’t been proven to transmit diseases, these pests can impact your quality of life and make you feel uncomfortable and violated.
Bed bugs can spread through walls, pipes, doorways and more, and can even infest neighboring apartments. While these pests don’t fly or jump, they are skilled at migrating from one place to another by hitchhiking on luggage, clothes, or furniture.
It’s important to know how to avoid spreading and transporting bed bugs to your house, apartment, and/or neighbors before they have the opportunity to infest your home. Here are a few tips:
- If you are traveling, make sure to check your bags with a flashlight or “heat-treat” bags and clothing in your dryer. Seal your clothing in plastic bags and keep everything in your suitcase while at hotels.
- Wash your sheets regularly in hot water (around 120° F) to kill bed bugs and their eggs. Then, dry them on the hottest setting.
- You can purchase special mattress covers that can be used to kill and prevent bed bugs, as well as dust mites.
- Use a flashlight to inspect your mattress and any other places where your pets may sleep. Bed bugs typically come out at night, so this may be the best time to investigate.
- Clear your home or apartment of clutter so you can prevent bed bugs and other pests from taking residence in your belongings. This also makes treatment easier for your pest control company.
Options are available for treatment of bed bugs including heat treatments, freezing, and more. If you wake up in the morning and feel itchy or see insect bites on your skin, you may have bed bugs. Contact the Orlando pest control experts at Pro-Staff Pest Control and we can help get rid of these pesky bugs, while leaving you feeling carefree and satisfied. Call us today at 407-331-7378!
Pro-Staff Termite & Pest Control, Inc.
6211 Edgewater Dr. • Orlando, FL 32810 • 407-292-7378
Seminole County Office
2100 Ronald Reagan Blvd • Ste. 1024 • Longwood, FL 32750 • 407-331-7378