5 Common Pest Control Tips: Debunked!
In the pest control industry, we hear many pest control theories that are simply not true, and it’s important that consumers understand these common misconceptions. Before you dismiss your Orlando pest control company, here is a quick rundown of the most common pest control myths that you should ignore!
1. Bugs don’t exist in clean homes. This is one of the most common myths about pest control that just isn’t true. Although a cluttered house is ideal for some pests like cockroaches, bed bugs and other pests only prefer a space where there are humans.
2. You can get rid of pest infestations on your own. Most products only target the pests if they come in direct contact with the pesticide. If you kill a cockroach or two on your own, there may be many more in hiding that will be completely unharmed. Over the counter pest control products lose their effectiveness once it’s dry, unlike products that your Orlando pest control company might use.
3. You only need a pest control professional for noticeable infestations. This is false. If you see a few bugs here and there, this can indicate a larger problem; bugs are great at hiding, so it may be necessary to have an Orlando pest control company inspect your home. Termites are also often overlooked because they are typically found inside of your walls, somewhere you don’t tend to see.
4. You will only find bed bugs in your bed. Although it is very common to see bed bugs in your bed, they will try to make their way into anything that’s in close proximity to humans. You might find them in your sofas, furniture, closets, baseboards, and other tiny, dark places.
5. Roaches prefer dirty homes. This is also incorrect. Roaches may survive much easier in an unclean home if there are food crumbs and places to hide, but everyone is susceptible to having roaches inside of their home.
Next time you hear a possible misconception about pest control, call your Orlando pest control company to help answer any questions and concerns you might have. Pro-Staff Termite and Pest Control specializes in professional lawn care and pest control services that give our customers peace of mind. Call us at 407-292-7378 to schedule a free inspection and to learn more about our services.